Adding Shared Printers
These instructions apply to school-owned computers
Please follow these instructions carefully. If you skip a step or allow your computer to automatically add printers, you may not be able to successfully complete printer installation.
- Click the Start button and type Control Panel
- After the search completes, click Control Panel
- Click Devices and Printers
- Click Add a printer
- Do not select any of the printers listed! Printers may not install properly if selected at this stage
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed
- Select Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature and click Next
- Click the Find Now button. A list of available printers will appear (you may need to enlarge the window to see all of the options)
- Double-click the desired printer from the search results
- Wait while the driver is downloaded and the printer installed. Click Next
- Choose whether or not you want the added printer to be your default printer and click Finish
Printers in macOS are installed by Managed Software Center. Generally, appropriate printers for your campus will be installed automatically or available for you to install in Managed Software Center. You can install additional printers from the Printers category in Managed Software Center. If you need access to a printer that is not available in Managed Software Center, please contact technical support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.