Placing a Call
To place a call, dial a 4-digit extension or 10-digit telephone number, then lift the receiver or press the speaker button.
If you lift the receiver or press the speaker button before dialing, you may need to press the Send key when you are finished dialing.
Adjusting Call and Ring Volume
To adjust the ringer volume, end any current calls, then use the ( - + ) rocker button near the bottom of the telephone to set the ringer volume to the desired level.
To adjust the receiver volume, lift the handset and listen for dial tone, then use the ( - + ) rocker button near the bottom of the telephone to set the receiver volume to the desired level.
To adjust the speaker volume, press the speaker button and listen for dial tone, then use the ( - + ) rocker button near the bottom of the telephone to set the speaker volume to the desired level.
Viewing Missed, Received, and Placed Calls
To view all recent calls, press the Recent soft key.
To view a specific type of call, use the directional keys on the right side of the telephone:
- Down: Missed Calls
- Left: Received Calls
- Right: Placed Calls
To exit the call list and return to the home screen, press the Left key
You can transfer an active call to any extension or telephone number.
To transfer an active call:
- Press the Transfer key. The call is placed on hold, and you hear a dial tone.
- If you wish to transfer the call immediately without speaking to the person you are transferring the call to, press the Blind key.
- Dial the 4-digit extension or 10-digit telephone number you wish to transfer the call to, and press the Send key.
- If you did not press the Blind key, wait for the called party to answer and press Transfer when they are ready to take the call.
If you frequently use Blind Transfer, you can change your default transfer type using this procedure:
- Press the Home button (house icon) to enter the main menu
- Select Settings > Basic... > Preferences... > Default Transfer Type...
- Select Consultative or Blind for your default transfer type
- Press the Home button two times to leave the menu